I didn’t know I was going to the Inman Park Festival on Saturday. However, 2 F’s cousin, Mat, drove down from Chicago for a visit, and, just to make things interesting, he brought his friend, Matt. (No, I’m not making this up. It was a Jef/Jeff/Mat/Matt posse.) I was hoping that I’d see a few things blogworthy, but as we wandered through the craft booths, I heard much more material that I saw. Here are my top ten favorite overheard snippets of conversation from the Inman Park Festival:
01. Hold my bagpipes while I pee.
02. I’m not lost. I just don’t know specifically where we are.
03. Excuse me, is this a child’s toy or an adult novelty item?
04. Unless we find a funnel cake soon, I don’t think there’s a woman alive who would blame me for driving our kids into a lake.
05. Chicago-style pretzel? It must mean that it’s served frozen.
06. Right, how many straight men do you know who wear fluorescent orange athletic shoes with lime green trim?
07. Is Phil a transvestite or a transexual? I never can keep those two terms straight.
08. Do you really think it’s a good idea to give Jell-o shots to the drivers of the cars in the parade–especially in front of police officers?
09. You’d be surprised what I can do on a unicycle.
10. I was told there would be Kingons … on motorcycles.